The Company uses personal information of customers for the following purposes.
(1) For receiving applications to obtain the products and services offered by the Company
(2) For providing information concerning the products and services offered by the Company
(3) For conducting research and development of financial products and services by researching the markets for the products and services offered by the Company and through data analysis and questionnaire surveys
(4) For providing maintenance and support in connection with the services of the Company
(6) For responding to information requests and questions concerning the services of the Company
(8) For verifying personal identification
(9) For verifying account information and payment information with financial institutions
(10) For contacting customers when urgently required
(11) For preparing data back-ups
(12) For implementing Company-internal audits
(13) For other purposes incidental to the above
Except where permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations, the Company handles no personal information beyond the scope necessary for the attainment of its purposes of use. Provided, however, that the following cases are not precluded.
(1) In cases with prior permission of the customer
(2) In cases based on laws and regulations
(3) In cases necessary for the protection of human life or for preventing personal injury or property damage when the permission of the customer cannot be obtained
(4) If a special need exists for the enhancement of sanitation or for promoting the sound upbringing of young children when the permission of the customer cannot be obtained
(5) If the need exists to cooperate in the execution of duties stipulated in laws and regulations by institutions of the state, or local public bodies, or persons commissioned by either when the execution of the subject task would be hindered by obtaining the permission of the customer.
The Company handles personal information in accordance with appropriate and lawful methods within the scope necessary for the execution of operations. Personal information no longer needed is erased or discarded in accordance with the regulations of the Company. Personal identification documents submitted to the Company by customers are not returned.
The Company implements appropriate security management measures to prevent data loss, tampering, or leakage, etc., of customers' personal information. All employees and corporate officers involved in the handling of customers' personal information receive instruction in the importance of personal information protection. Service providers commissioned with the handling of customers' personal information, if applicable, are subject to appropriate monitoring by the Company.
In case the Company provides third parties with customers' personal information, the Company obtains prior permission of customers unless permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations and in the following cases.
(1) In case the Company commissions a service provider, in part or in total, with the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for attaining the purposes of use. In this case, the Company exercises appropriate monitoring of the commissioned service provider.
(2) In case the operations of the Company become the subject of succession due to merger, reverse merger, assignment of operations, or due to other events that include the provision of personal information.
Inquiries from customers seeking notification of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, deletion, and termination of use, etc., of personal information are answered by the Company within a reasonable period and within an appropriate range upon verification of the personal identification of the inquirer. Provided, however, that cases where disclosure is not required under laws and regulations, etc., are excluded.
Notably, inquiries or disclosures concerning the purposes of use of individual information command a fee of \2,000 (before consumption tax) per inquiry.
The following contact should be used for inquiries concerning disclosures, etc., opinions, questions, complaints, and other queries concerning the handling of personal information.
Contact for personal information inquiries
April 1, 2017